Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im not sure how you can justify NOT trading Mccarron at this point
(11-21-2016, 01:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think many of you are underestimating just how hard it is to find a decent QB in the NFL. Have you seen the contracts that some of these QBs in the league are getting? Kapernick, Bradford, etc. Hell, Kirk Cousins is making 20 million dollars this year.

This league is starved for good quarterback play. AJ showed flashes that he he is a quarterback capable of building a team around. I wouldn't accept anything other than at least a second round pick for him and I would be really surprised if they Bengals couldn't get a low first for him.

I think Cousins is in a different stratosphere than McCarron. Bradford is definitely better, and Kaep was coming off a SB appearance. McCarron couldn't even get anything going with guys like Green and Eifert at his disposal. Like I said, 160 yards per game, no deep shots and looked oblivious in the pocket.

Putting Mac in the same category with even these guys you mention is a huge compliment to Mac. Maybe he could actually be better than these guys, but you can't tell me that based on anything we saw last year. It's just wishful thinking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Im not sure how you can justify NOT trading Mccarron at this point - Shake n Blake - 11-21-2016, 01:27 PM