Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im not sure how you can justify NOT trading Mccarron at this point
(11-21-2016, 03:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: SF - 15/21 for 192 yards and 1 TD with a 119 passer rating and a win. 

Baltimore - 17/27 160 yards 2 TD with a 103 rating and a win. 

Those are hardly " inefficient" numbers.

Its obvious last year that the coaching staff protected Mccarron by making him more of a "game manager" type of quarterback by limiting his deep throws and how many times he threw the ball. Our team last year was good enough where he didnt need to throw the ball 40 times down field to win. Mccarron can be a capable quarterback in this league given a real chance and im betting a team is willing to trade a second round pick for this chance. 

When you're touting a 192 yard game and a 160 yard game against poor teams as pro-McCarron evidence, you know we're really reaching. You say the team was good enough to win without McCarron throwing much, yet we lost twice when McCarron was forced to throw 35+ times, and he didn't look good in either instance.

I promise to eat crow if he's traded for a first or maybe even a second rounder. Hopefully you do the same if he's traded for a 3rd or later. In my honest opinion, I don't think he'll be traded at all, and that alone will be evidence that no one offered a 2nd or higher.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Im not sure how you can justify NOT trading Mccarron at this point - Shake n Blake - 11-21-2016, 03:26 PM