Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im not sure how you can justify NOT trading Mccarron at this point
(11-21-2016, 03:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Our next head coach may not think that highly of Dalton. Mike Brown had to be coaxed in to drafting him. Jay Gruden is gone and fought to draft him. His QB coach and our OC will hopefully be gone. If we start a rebuild AJMC could be our guy.

Dalton is more expensive and will have more trade value.

Not saying Dalton is bad. He is a good QB. But he can not carry us.

I am 100% certain if AJMC was our starting QB this year he could have gotten us to 3-6-1.

If we are not blown away by a trade offer before the draft the next head coach needs to have an open QB competition. When teams get hit by injuries we ship out the loser of that competition.

AJMC essentially won a playoff game for us. At least he has gotten us closer than Dalton has.

1. Mac wouldn't have won the game where Dalton was sacked 7 times and threw for 366. McCarron never threw for more than 212 yards in a start, and that was when the team was good. Mac wouldn't have gotten the tie against the Skins, either.

2. The defense "essentially" won that playoff game. Mac essentially played like poo.

3. I like how you say that a rebuild would get rid of everyone that liked Dalton, but you somehow think Mac would be immune to the same circumstances. A new coach will keep Dalton. Book it. If he somehow wants to start over from scratch at QB, it would be with his own guy. Not Mac.

4. Why do anti-Dalton guys love McCarron? He's a poor man's Dalton, with a weaker arm, less athleticism and far worse pocket awareness. If I hated Dalton, I wouldn't want a less talented clone of him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Im not sure how you can justify NOT trading Mccarron at this point - Shake n Blake - 11-21-2016, 03:41 PM