Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential Conflicts of Interest
(11-21-2016, 04:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Camp David could be an option, but I think Trump is an "Urban Guy" like Obama is.

If he's on taxpayer funds, I don't care if he's an ice cream guy like Biden but the only "free" stuff is froyo. I don't have any issue with him having an environment that's more like home, as long as it's not coming at taxpayer expense.

Quote:And you're forgetting that are some that are not on his payroll with him, such as SS.

$169,785 for 70 people, is $2,500 a month for rent. (with SS say 15 more) it's $2k per person in rent now.
That's not bad, if you use a realty listing for Trump Towers, most of the 1 bedrooms start at $5k and go as high as 10k. Oh and who says he's renting out only condo's that he owns?

As far as Mar A Lago? It was designed to be a Presidential Winter Getaway. It's Camp David with hotel Amenities. That's why I said the SS would prefer this more secluded place compared to Trump towers where there is lots of foot/car traffic to keep an eye on.

But as DINO said, Trump is one of the few POTUS's that is actually able to take an advantage of this situation.
I hadn't heard that. Wasn't sure if that was something you'd seen, or just basing it off the fact that it's difficult (and very expensive) any time the POTUS rolls through large urban areas. I was in Chicago once when Bush came through (or it might have been early in Obama's presidency, can't remember which) and pretty much everything from the airport to where ever he was going was shut down. I thought I was going to miss my flight because you were stuck in traffic for an hour, but luckily it backed up the airport for a lot longer and all the planes got held.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Presidential Conflicts of Interest - Benton - 11-21-2016, 04:42 PM