Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senator Jeff Sessions for Attorney General
(11-21-2016, 04:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: The accusations came from work colleagues.  The Senate just refused to confirm him.  

Does confirm or refute his being a racist or having qualities that would lead one to believe he has said or done racist things.

I don't think you understood my post at all.

(11-21-2016, 04:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No one in the Senate called Teddy Kennedy a drunk who killed a woman, but he was. 

On a more serious note, I made sure to say "allegations". My beef is with current comments on marijuana users and voting rights. I won't call him a racist for being a typical Alabamian during the 70's. 

Ted is a fair comparison.  I just don't think it's the same thing.  You can't call him a murderer without being sued and calling him a drunk is just a personal attack as being a drunk doesn't prohibit you from being effective at your job.  The point being made, and I know you got it, is that if Sessions were such an obvious racist, as is now being claimed since he's being nominated for AG, why did a slew of Democratic senators work for him for close to two decades without calling him out on it?  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Senator Jeff Sessions for Attorney General - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-21-2016, 04:59 PM