Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senator Jeff Sessions for Attorney General
(11-21-2016, 05:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I doubt the marijuana is an issue with him.
He strikes me as more of a follow the law type, than a bend the law type.

But you never know, a lot of people are still mixed on that.

I'm not a huge fan of it, but I'd tax the hell out of it. :)
I think Prostitution should be legalized and regulated before marijuana, but that's another issue lol.

I don't smoke it. I'm too cheap to spend $75 on something you're going to set on fire. But when I was covering courts, marijuana related charges were far and away the biggest burden on the legal system (at least in my area). If the docket had 30 cases that day, it wasn't uncommon for 15 to be marijuana related, 5 DUIs, 5 theft by unlawful taking (shoplifting mostly) and then a handful of significant crimes. From incarceration up to probation/parole, the cost for each marijuana arrest can be thousands of dollars.

I'd rather use those resources reducing drug abuse or crimes against other people (theft, assault, etc) instead of trying to find easy arrests  so law enforcement can inflate crime reduction stats. Tax it like cigarettes, and give cops the resources they need (and time and manpower) to actually reduce crime.

But, likewise, if it were up to me, I'd legalize prostitution and tax it, too.

As far as Sessions' stance, just going by his comments.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/20/502712513/trumps-choice-for-top-law-enforcer-has-cannabis-proponents-fearing-future
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Senator Jeff Sessions for Attorney General - Benton - 11-21-2016, 06:09 PM