Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should We Start AJ McCarron?
This is Andy's team, the organization has invested an awful lot into Andy and I don't think there's any reason to put AJM on the field. If he struggles, it might hurt trade value. If he gets hurt, that's even worse. If he wins out and the Bengals win the division, what do you do, give the keys back to Andy?

There's no way anyone should even consider putting AJM on the field the rest of this year unless Andy gets hurt. Of all the possible outcomes, every single one of them is bad.

AJM injury
AJM struggles and trade value drops
AJM dominates and QB controversy/drama

If I were the Bengals GM I would have traded Andy to the Broncos in the offseason and AJM would be my starting QB right now, and the team wouldn't be in the mess they're in. But that ship has sailed. AJM's getting Chinese inspection and he won't see a football field until a) Andy gets hurt or b) he signs elsewhere. Fully believe that if the Bengals didn't trade him this past offseason or after Teddy Bridgewater went down, they aren't trading him at all. For them, he's a cheap and capable backup and that's what they want to get out of the equation.

I think AJM's going to be a SB winner somewhere else, and a star in this league. But the Bengals view him as something........... less.

I think Hue Jackson values him as something more, but the Bengals will never let those two reunite.

Let Andy build chemistry with Boyd on the field. That's about the best thing that can happen the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Should We Start AJ McCarron? - Marlon23 - 11-20-2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Should We Start AJ McCarron? - Benton - 11-22-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: Should We Start AJ McCarron? - J24 - 11-20-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: Should We Start AJ McCarron? - treee - 11-20-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: Should We Start AJ McCarron? - 'E' - 11-20-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Should We Start AJ McCarron? - treee - 11-21-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: Should We Start AJ McCarron? - samhain - 11-21-2016, 12:49 AM
RE: Should We Start AJ McCarron? - BigSeph - 11-22-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Should We Start AJ McCarron? - ANTHONY - 11-22-2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Should We Start AJ McCarron? - bfine32 - 11-22-2016, 12:41 PM