Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Elect slams cast of Hamilton...
(11-22-2016, 04:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The content of their statement wasn't rude to be sure and I get that he's a celebrity and not a private citizen.  Maybe I have a different perspective on this as I have friends who are celebrities and you would not believe the liberties people take with them simply because they're famous.  Yes, you certainly ask for a measure of that when you decide to enter the profession, be it the entertainment industry or politics.  That doesn't mean everyone has a right to access you or address you as they please.  I just don't like the idea of calling someone out in public like that.  Let me throw a different scenario at you, if Pence was at dinner with his wife and the entire wait staff came over and read a prepared statement would you view the event in the same light as this?

I agree, he handled it well. 

My statement was in response to a joke that Trump is just going to sit in the corner while the adults run things.  Given that context I don't see how my statement could be confusing.  The man makes yuuge decisions as part of his daily life.  Being thin skinned and hot tempered doesn't make you a man-child, being incapable of functioning successfully in the adult world does.
as a society, we don't value anyone's privacy much any more. Whether it's being forced to listen to someone's opinion or being prohibited from a long list things in your own home, we're a culture where everyone is trying to tell you what you're doing wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: President Elect slams cast of Hamilton... - Benton - 11-23-2016, 11:39 AM