Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All three T-giving games have Bengals' connection
(11-25-2016, 02:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Do you think Marv Jones keeps this team from being 3-6-1 this year though? I don't. Personally, I'm glad Jones is having 1 catch games elsewhere for 8 million per. Now the FO can use that money toward fixing this abysmal o-line, which has played a much bigger role in our fall than a #2 WR.

I get it, Mike Brown doesn't always spend to cap, therefore you think "why not keep Jones". The thing is though, what if Mike signed Jones to that fat contract and still decided not to spend to cap over the next 5 years? Either way, if they'd signed Jones, there would be less $ to fix the real problems on this team, and there are plenty. #2 WR would be like 17th on that list.

Well, I wouldn't say ol' Marvin Jones would be saving our season but I also must say we've been yucking it up at the Lions for signing the guy and they are leading their division and we have more money to "fix what is wrong."  Such is life.  

I was never of the mindset that we needed to keep Jones, but I had a feeling going through so many changes on offense wouldn't shake out well.  I'm more one to discuss people's mindsets and perceptions of situations than the situation itself, really.  Someone also mentioned Housh leaving and then falling off a cliff, so which Bengals players went from starting here (during the Marvin Lewis era) and left to do anything noteworthy for another team? Palmer? J Joe?

I always found it a bit odd that Bengals fans would laugh when their starters go to other NFL teams and do nothing.  I suppose you could say it makes it look like we know when to get rid of a guy, but it also makes it seem like we start a lot of guys who would sit the bench elsewhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All three T-giving games have Bengals' connection - Nately120 - 11-25-2016, 11:01 AM