Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did Marvin become the fallguy?
I'd say 90% of the fan base thinks Mike Brown is a stubborn, old fashioned, overly loyal buffoon who has no business running an NFL franchise. The reason it isn't talked about is that there's little to no hope that the Brown family will ever not have control of this team.

At least we have hope that Marv may eventually resign or be replaced after 20 years or so. So it's not so much that fans approve of management as it is that we all know they're going nowhere. Talking about that makes the situation feel even more hopeless than it already is.

Fwiw, Marv has definitely earned a pink slip. That said, I'm not sure any coach will succeed with the Bengals as long as Mike Brown is alive (assuming Katy is any different...which she may not be). That doesn't mean we should keep Marvin around, as he's proven - with a mountain of evidence - that he's not the answer.

I'll take the unknown over the known failure every time. Even if that unknown will be hindered by a horribly inept owner who retains horribly inept assistant coaches.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When did Marvin become the fallguy? - Shake n Blake - 11-28-2016, 12:32 AM