Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good move by the President elect
(11-30-2016, 12:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Glad to see you actually posted something positive about Trump for a change.

I think keeping those jobs (Ford, Carrier) in the US should be his number 1 job.

Of course, the media says it sets a bad precedence by negotiating 1 on 1 with a business. Do you think those people that got to keep their jobs care about the precedence? I think the job number 1 of the POTUS should be keeping Jobs in the US and getting the economy roaring, even if that means negotiating 1 on 1 with businesses. Congress can share the load by making laws that he wants done, so I don't see the big issue there.

As far as the COI stuff? That will always be lingering in the background. It's inevitable, even if he and his family give up 100% control to a non-family member to hold as a trustee. At least it will be a good start to shutting down the criticism.

I told you guys early on that he's got a lot on him plate and to give him a bit of time. He's still got what 50 days or so before swearing in? Still picking a cabinet, doing POTUS work and trying to disconnect from his business side.

He lied about the Ford deal, and the Indiana one is just another tax break from Pence.  When it ends we'll have the same problem again.

It is interesting though that the right suddenly has no problem with the President/government getting directly involved with businesses and how they run.  Whereas a bailout was the end of the free market as we knew it.

But I'll give credit when he appears rational and sane.  And then we'll see how long it lasts.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Good move by the President elect - GMDino - 11-30-2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Good move by the President elect - GMDino - 11-30-2016, 12:41 PM