Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Terrorist attack at tOSU
(12-01-2016, 12:53 AM)Benton Wrote: lots of people are disappointed in Obama. I wouldn't say disdain for trump is exultation for Obama.

I agree but i don't think that has much, if anything, to do with what i was saying. I just always get the (unfortunate) feeling that some points that are raised, are summarily discarded because of who they're made by--whether it's this case, or a case of someone(s) else in the past. 

When a POTUS can take the time to speak on an event that's national news, and does it on several occasions--sometimes where he probably shouldn't--but chooses to remain silent other times, and it becomes questionable why and when he chooses to speak; if a question is raised as to why he hasn't, it shouldn't be dismissed based on who raises the question simply because a certain group likes to disagree with everything that person says. It's counter to what a discussion on a message board is meant to be and turns the focus on the person, not the point. 

I really don't stand on one side or the other when it comes to agreeing or disagreeing with the question. Nor do i stand on one side or the other with my opinion on what the POTUS decides to speak on. Not strongly, at least. I just think the question has merit but it's hard to exchange opinions when the question is dismissed because of the messenger. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Terrorist attack at tOSU - rfaulk34 - 12-01-2016, 01:53 AM