Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon chimes in on Marvin Lewis
(11-30-2016, 11:29 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think Corey Dillon was rightfully done with this franchise and with Mike Brown.  The guy went to a winning organization where he was able to finish with a Super Bowl ring.  No way you can fault him for that.

I rooted for Corey and was happy he got his ring. He quietly dealt with some of the worst teams (and QB play) in NFL history before erupting at the end. I know I felt the same way he did, so I held nothing against him.

(11-30-2016, 03:29 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Locker room cancer who got traded to a Bill Belichick coached team, who is notorious for not putting up with locker room cancers.

Sorry doubt that, Corey was just fed up with the ineptitude of a Mike Brown team.

This. Pats fans still love Corey and he was a model teammate there.

(11-30-2016, 10:08 PM)Burma Wrote: I was glad he got a ring with the Pats.  If he would have gotten drafted by virtually any other team in that draft he would be in the Hall of Fame by now.  

That 2004 Pats team was actually centered around Dillon. He ran for 1635 yards in 15 games and they rode him all the way to a championship. Keep in mind that Corey was 30 at the time. Now imagine if he'd played his whole career there. It's a shame he won't make the HOF.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corey Dillon chimes in on Marvin Lewis - Shake n Blake - 12-01-2016, 02:20 AM