Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good move by the President elect
(12-01-2016, 06:10 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Democrats are kicking themselves for merely shaming companies for doing this, rather than negotiating incentives to stay.  That is, if they thought they could haven gotten away with doing it.

If it's a legit negotiation and not strong-arming, I suppose I don't have a problem with it.  We don't blink an eye when states do this and consider that to be a competitive marketplace to attract business.  So when you talk about jobs leaving the country, the feds can sweeten the pot with additional tax incentives.

But seems like a can of worms.  Not to mention impractical.

Not to mention there wasn't anything the President Elect could do...but the Governor or their state (Pence) could.

Literally Trump has done zero to keep these companies (especially in the case of Ford which was never moving the jobs to begin with) but taken full credit for it.

Welcome to the next four years:  All successes will be the direct result of Trump and all failures will be because of what losers did.

It will make me miss all the right wing noise machine talk about how much of an ego Obama has. Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Good move by the President elect - GMDino - 11-30-2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Good move by the President elect - GMDino - 12-01-2016, 08:02 AM