Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good move by the President elect
(12-01-2016, 08:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Snark aside, bathroom use is a civil rights issue, like it or not, and that is a role of the Executive to protect the civil liberties and rights of the people. I never said that the POTUS shouldn't have focus on the economy, though. A move like this, however, is an overreach by the federal government. Well, it would be if it was actually what it is being advertised as.

I consider any measures taken by POTUS to pursuade companies to keep job stateside to be a good thing. As to "overreach" I'm not sure. What is overreaching about telling a company to go wherever you want and build whatever you want; but if you want to sell it back to us, it is going to be heavily taxed.

But I can see this measure by Trump going the way of "not good enough"; like when he had the fund-raiser for the Vets. Everything he does over the next 4 years will be under a microscope just so some can say "See, told ya".

No different than many have done to Obama the last 8 years. I just see many becoming what they have hated for the last 8 years, but their justification will be "Well, I'm right to do it".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Good move by the President elect - GMDino - 11-30-2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Good move by the President elect - bfine32 - 12-01-2016, 02:45 PM