Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want"
A class act as usual.

Quote:Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green said he hopes to come back this year and was relieved that his hamstring injury wasn’t any worse, though when he describes it, it sounds pretty bad.

Via Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com, Green told reporters today that it wasn’t as bad as he first feared.

“Grade II tear — it was 50 percent torn,” Green said. “But it’s not bad, it’s not torn off the bone or nothing like that. No surgery needed.”

(Let this stand as our periodic reminder that all sports injuries are relative, and far less serious when they happen to someone else — because “not torn off the bone” is considered a positive.)

The Bengals wideout, who went down early in the Bills game two weeks ago and won’t play this week, said he initially thought it was just a cramp. But then when he tried to walk it off and couldn’t, he realized perhaps a cart ride was in his best interests. But he started doing some light jogging this week, and hopes to be able to return this year even though the Bengals are in a fairly hopeless situation at 3-7-1.

“I’m going to play it safe. I want to get back, no matter what kind of season we’re having,” he said. “I’m not the type of guy to pack it in. Whenever I’m ready, I’ll be ready to go, but I’m not going to rush it and have this as a continuing issue. . . .

“That’s not the type of guy I am. I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want to have.”

Green was having a phenomenal year before the injury, with 964 receiving yards. If he can get back and get 36 more yards, he’d join Randy Moss as the only receiver with six straight 1,000-yard seasons to begin his career.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/02/a-j-green-says-he-hopes-to-return-this-year-if-cleared/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want" - CageTheBengal - 12-02-2016, 02:42 PM