Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential Conflicts of Interest
(12-02-2016, 03:49 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Fair enough.  I'm just pointing out how certain posters had no problem with the Clinton's money machine, but are deeply concerned about a multi-billionaire who had easier and more effective options to further enrichment than running for POTUS.

As for the Clintons, watch those speaking fees and charitable donations drop off a cliff (because, as you point out, it's effectively lobbying dollars...the difference being it goes to directly to their pockets rather than campaign funds).

I don't think either of them had transparent, good interests for the majority of people. Both would/are paying back the people who got them there. As far as the bold, I dunno. Trump's business requires investors. He was already having to look outside the U.S. for money as his past mismanagement and banking regulations didn't bode well for him. Now he can help out industries or companies who might make things easier for his own company to find capitol.

But I do agree that the foundation will most likely see a significant drop... until Chelsea announces her candidacy. Supposedly she's already trying to work her way into Congress.

Ah,  empires and their dynasties. She can compete against the Bush daughters ticket.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Presidential Conflicts of Interest - Benton - 12-02-2016, 06:28 PM