Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing
(12-05-2016, 02:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Think regardless of if Core shows he's fit to be a starter, you still need to find some more speed.

The Bengals need to get faster on both sides of the ball. Dalton has a pretty deep ball if he gets time to throw it, but you need people able to get downfield before he can throw it downfield. As for the defense... yeah. LBs are slow.
Superman or The Flash could not get down field fast enough with our offensive line most of this season.....and yes we need LB......I still see O line and LB needing addressed in Free agency and The Draft early.....Hill and Bernard and Burkhead and Dalton have no blocking. Blocking and Tackling is what wins play-off games.  This is not touch football.  .....I will point out the Bengals two Super Bowl teams had Anthony Munoz and great offensive lines. THAT is what really made those teams Super Bowl teams.  Of course we are no where near the talent of those offensive lines, but that is what we need to aim for.  Once you have blocking like that, the running holes open and the passing lanes open and the receivers have time to get open.  Missed blocks have this team out of the play-offs. Missed blocks are our enemy.  We need BLOCKING in 2017. .......and I agree we can use help at LB on defense.

So it was great to see Boyd, LaFell, Core step up without Green yesterday.  Green is injured. He is not being sat or benched, he is injured. Now we can batch and moan about it, or these other guys can step up. Yesterday they stepped up.  Well, they are in the NFL and get paid and they should step up. If they get paid, they should step up......LaFell gave reasons to resign him.....Wright has played well when in there....Now they should be able to look great against the Browns.  Everybody looks great against the Browns.  If we can't block or move the ball on the worst defense in the NFL, then that will be a huge step backwards.  On paper this should be a good Fantasy Football week for Dalton, Hill, LaFell, Eifert, Boyd and maybe a surprise Burkhead replacing Bernard.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - kevin - 12-05-2016, 04:09 PM