Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merkel wants to ban the Burqa..
So the thing about this to me is how much of a mountain this has become when in reality it is a mole-hill, if that. Essentially, niqab/burqa bans have become a symbol. They are a way for politicians to make it appear they are listening to their people and doing something without actually doing anything. The percentage of Muslim immigrants wearing either is truly immaterial and making the argument that it is about integration into society doesn't hold much water when you are talking about the pork and beer loving culture of Germany.

All of that being said, I have no issue with niqab/burqa bans because I have no issue with mask laws in general. There is little solid evidence to support the religious argument for either covering, which is why only the hardliners wear them and they show up in such small percentages. I just find it funny that anyone thinks this will do anything other than cause controversy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Belsnickel - 12-06-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-07-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:13 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:24 AM