Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little late for Thanksgiving, but...
(12-06-2016, 09:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: During this Thanksgiving season I was accused (mostly jokingly) of being overly-PC when I referred to Native Americans, rather than Indians.  I've always done this, but I think people have been rather trained recently to seek out and mock behavior which they see as politically correct.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why do we still say Indians?  At what point do we admit that Columbus landed in North America and not India?  People can say Indians to their heart's content, but I find it a bit odd/interesting that saying Native Americans is treated like some sort of left-wing guilt trip rather than, you know, admitting that we don't live in India.

Then again, maybe this is just one of those things we have gotten wrong for such a long time that we just roll with it.  Other examples:

calling Frankenstein's Monster Frankenstein
saying negative reinforcement when we really mean positive reinforcement of negative behavior
etc.

It's not that people still say Indians...its that any time someone is corrected they have to be offended.  They turn around and accuse the person correcting them of being over sensitive.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little late for Thanksgiving, but... - GMDino - 12-06-2016, 10:44 PM