Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merkel wants to ban the Burqa..
(12-07-2016, 12:52 AM)Dill Wrote: I would double-check every report you read of immigrant related violence in Germany. Remember there are right wing media in Europe, too.

Yeah, no shit. See here, albeit it's in German. These are just fake stories about refugees (where it's actually proven that they are fake, with sources), almost all from last year or this year. Quite an impressive density here, and again these are just the confirmed ones.

Btw. Breitbart comes to Germany!
(Although I admit, although they are heavily biased, vastly unbalanced, still as far as I saw they don't report completely invented stories like some of the other "truth" sites out there do.)

(12-07-2016, 12:52 AM)Dill Wrote: Anyway, the ban will  only apply to places where it interferes with business, like schools and hospitals. And the ban will apply to motorcycle helmets and balaclavas as well.

That is also true. So actually not that big of a deal and more a symbolic gesture.
Banning Burkas completely would be unconstitutional in Germany (at least that's what their minister for internal affairs says).

(12-07-2016, 12:52 AM)Dill Wrote: What would happen if Germany made it clear to people applying for asylum that the Burka would be a problem, then let them choose?

Dingdingding!!! Jackpot. Proposed that for years. Giving refugees a comprehensive heads up how our society works and that our values are not to be questioned, that is. We severely lack these efforts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-07-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - hollodero - 12-07-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:13 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:24 AM