Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want as the bengals number1 pick?
(12-06-2016, 05:00 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Derek Barnett. Pure pass rusher with a fight to the ball and great pursuit. He wants to win and does whatever he can to do so. Passed Reggie White's college sack record. Barnett would be the dominate pass rusher we've been missing from mour defensive ends. Sure, Dunlap is really good, but he doesn't take over many games. He's a great overall defensive end and does A LOT right.

Mike Williams is someone the Bengals can also take a look at. They signed LaFell to a 1 year deal. Even though I don't think he's been bad by any means, Mike Williams would be an upgrade. I want Boyd to take over on the outside, but I also wouldn't mind Williams being drafted.

Jamal Adams is someone I also really like. I was never a fan of resigning Williams to a long term deal when he had little playing time. Adams is instinctive and always around the ball. He covers well and has the size to be able to take on running backs and tight ends. He's versatile and I think he'd be a very good fit here.

I know people clamor for offensive line, but honestly I don't see anyone worth a top 10 pick. I'm not really that huge of a fan of Cam Robinson. He actually struggled against some of the better defensive ends in this class. I was watching Barnett against Alabama and he was applying consistent pressure and even got to the QB. Robinson did well against Garrett though, but his tape is very up and down.

I love Barnett and Adams.  Either one would be an impact player.  Barnett is the kind of guy who always finishes.   I can't tell you how many times I've seen our DEs whiff after getting there.  Adams makes some ill advised torpedo tackles that whiff, but he is fast, smart, instinctive and hits like a truck.  When you see what Landon Collins has done for the Giants I think Adams would do that for us.  Unfortunate timing because of the contract we gave to Williams.

And of course I'd be thrilled to get Foster.  His instincts, acceleration and tackling are elite.  He would create fear and loathing to running backs and TEs.

If we get any one of those 3 players I will be thrilled.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you want as the bengals number1 pick? - 3wt - 12-07-2016, 02:34 PM