Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merkel wants to ban the Burqa..
(12-07-2016, 10:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I never saw anyone dressed in a burqa so I never saw anyone freak out at the sight of one.

I have mixed opinions.  It seems to me the people in favor of burqa control are against gun control.  It seems Christians who rail against religious oppression are the ones most likely to be in favor of a burqa ban.  Where do we stop the ban on religious items displayed in public? What percentage of the population actually wears burqas?  0.1%? 0.01%? And it is receiving this much attention?  If the majority of assaults and rapes are due to Muslim men, I don't understand why people think banning burqas will make any impact at reducing the assaults and rapes.  This debate is nothing more than widow dressing.  Why are Americans concerned about what Germany does regarding burqas within their own borders?

I'm mostly amused because if a woman walked into Walmart wearing a burqa while open carrying an AR-15 it seems many people are more threatened by an article of clothing associated with religion than the rifle.

Thanks for your perspective.  I happen to see the Burqa ban as more a symbolic gesture that shows that a host Nation to refugees should not be forced to accept their customs, as much as they should have to assimilate to the customs of the Nation they are seeking refuge in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-07-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - SunsetBengal - 12-07-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:13 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:24 AM