Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
(07-21-2015, 12:07 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I just keep going back to Housh's comments at OTAs about Eifert.  We need this group to stay healthy and use their talents.  If they can just block well in the running game that would be a huge plus.  Any offense they can generate is just one more headache for the D.
I don't even think they need to block too well because, playing tight end, we're not going to run too many sweeps or runs overtop of them where they need to drive block; it's just more a matter of shielding a defender off while Hill explodes through the line.
(07-21-2015, 12:55 AM)J24 Wrote: I am just not comfortable with having two rookies as the only backups.
Then you'll probably be even more uncomfortable in the season because Hue LOVES two tight end sets, so I'm pretty sure that that will be a staple of our offense this season.

They'll both be ready when called on and their both great players.  Tight end (in the receiving aspect) is probably one of the easiest transitions from college to the NFL.
(07-21-2015, 01:40 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Effect if healthy will be in the pro-bowl. You heard it first here. He's the perfect weapon for a QB like Dalton.  You could tell that first game last season that they were clicking and he was going to be a big part of the offense. It's too bad he got hurt.

You guys are underestimating his talent level. There was a reason why he was clearly the best TE in that draft and he will prove it i believe this season.

I agree.

Eifert is a machine as a receiving tight end.  I just hope that we use him and Kroft/Uzomah properly (coughcoughUPTHESEAMScoughcough).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 03:00 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - BFritz21 - 07-21-2015, 02:48 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - CJD - 07-21-2015, 08:44 AM