Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merkel wants to ban the Burqa..
(12-07-2016, 10:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I never saw anyone dressed in a burqa so I never saw anyone freak out at the sight of one.

I have mixed opinions.  It seems to me the people in favor of burqa control are against gun control.  It seems Christians who rail against religious oppression are the ones most likely to be in favor of a burqa ban.  Where do we stop the ban on religious items displayed in public? What percentage of the population actually wears burqas?  0.1%? 0.01%? And it is receiving this much attention?  If the majority of assaults and rapes are due to Muslim men, I don't understand why people think banning burqas will make any impact at reducing the assaults and rapes.  This debate is nothing more than widow dressing.  Why are Americans concerned about what Germany does regarding burqas within their own borders?

LOL excellent points Oncemore.

One thing though, I don't see any evidence any "majority or assaults and rapes" in Europe are due to Muslim men. That is a common right wing theme here and abroad. The real impulse behind the ban is to remove different customs from the public eye and to punish difference, though some of it is feminists in Germany argue that it is restricting and denigrating women.

The French and Belgians have much stricter laws against burkas than the Germans are proposing. And they (my impression) are more racially motivated than the proposed German laws.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-07-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:13 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:24 AM