Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want as the bengals number1 pick?
(12-06-2016, 06:08 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Pass rushing DE or LB for me.  

Free agency for RT if possible.

It's early, but this is more likely.  No matter their previous strategy, the desperate need for stability at RT will drive them to sign a guy like Ricky Wagner from the Ravens or at least an above average starter.  No way you keep this as a need and hope that Robinson falls to the 10 pick they'll play themselves into at the end of the year. 

Odds are, the BPA when the pick comes up will be a defender, that 5 to 11 slot has too many projected there.  Hopefully it's one of the stud DE's or Peppers falling, but you could be looking at DB (even corner yet again if Dre walks) or toying with an unconventional pick like Tim Williams as a pass rushing toy or even star WR Mike Williams if he's the true BPA.  Yes you need to build up the lines, but lets check back in when FA is done. 

Early prediction:  Sign RT Wagner, CB Kirkpatrick, T Whitworth (Zeitler gets paid elsewhere)
Kinda realistic draft prediction: Draft Peppers at #6.  Talent wise, he's a top 5 pick but I hope I hope someone passes on him because they don't subscribe to draft talent and think fit later.  The combine is his turf, but lets hope the Jets go QB and the Bengals get a gift.  Man could you imagine landing a pass rusher in the 2nd/3rd to help Dunlap and Geno....then having Burfict and Peppers roaming the middle and making plays?   

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you want as the bengals number1 pick? - phil413 - 12-08-2016, 05:36 AM