Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
(07-21-2015, 02:48 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They'll both be ready when called on and their both great players.  Tight end (in the receiving aspect) is probably one of the easiest transitions from college to the NFL.

Wha....What? I just explained how untrue this is in another thread. Being worried about only having rookie backups (or even worse, one starter) is very reasonable for the TE position. Zero players in the last five years have gained 600 yards. Only four have gained 500. Two of those were the great Pats duo, helped schemed by one of the best QBs ever, best coaches ever, and a very good offensive mind in Bill O'Brian. 

How exactly is that one of the easiest transitions? WR has proven to be much easier. Hell, look at AJ and like the 10 great rookie seasons last year. 

Expecting anything more than ~400 yards from either of these guys is putting way to much hope in these rookies. Maybe they can be the rare ones to break the mold, but I highly doubt they will be. Kroft didn't even have 300 yards his last year in college and didn't even reach 600 in his best year. You expect him to produce more in his first NFL season? Why? 

Also, don't just say SEAMS SEAMS, like you're somehow the only person in the world who has thought of wonderful scheme. Look at the Lions last year. They drafted a very talented TE in the first to pair with their solid, but not incredible stable of TEs. They even had a guy better than AJ to draw double coverage, and Tate to take even more, yet somehow Ebron didn't produce. 

Why don't Celek and Ertz dominate the game? The Eagles had a very good #1 in Maclin/Jackson, a great line, good QB play in '13, average in '14, and a good rushing attack. Why oh why hasn't Kelly just figured out how to "run them up the SEAMZ!"

Fleener and Allen are one of the best duos I can think of off the top of my head, and they still only produced around 1,200 yards. Allen didn't even have 400.

If only those coaches, and literally every single other coach in NFL history (besides the 2011 Pats) could think of this amazing plan, then maybe we would actually see the two TE system work and TEs produce in year one. But, damn, only Bradfitz has figured out this secret. 

Or maybe, football is extremely complex and simple ideas don't really work in football. Defensive coordinators are also masterminds that figure out how to slow these simple concepts down. I love football, but can easily see how much of the game is miles over my head.

I think we will be fine this year, but having practically nothing behind Eifert scares me, especially given the fact that Eifert hasn't shown very much, yet. We just need to get "enough" out of the rookies to get along this year, but think all three can be developed and we will be fine moving foward.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 03:00 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - MrRager - 07-21-2015, 04:06 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - CJD - 07-21-2015, 08:44 AM