Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those hoping for a HC change...
(12-07-2016, 04:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think it's more frustration than being 'baffled'. Many fans, myself included, feel this team desperately needs a change at HC, but I think most knew that the chances of it actually happening were slim to none...and that's being generous.

Honestly, Marvin will probably be able to coach here as long as he wants. It's hard to imagine a situation where Mike would fire him or not give him continuous extensions...as long as Marvin is still game. Mike trusts Marvin and is very comfortable with him. I think Marvin is here until he decides he wants to walk away. 

Complacency has a very secure home in the Bengals organization. 

This nails it.  I believe that great coordinators took this team very close to the top, and a one year drop-off will never cause them to eliminate the HC.  There are too many excuses:  The schedule, Eifert's injury, Burfict's suspension, Ogbuehi's injury caused him to miss his second camp, blah, blah, blah...

I guess what I will hope for the most is that they address the few key needs with quality depth to prevent a single player or two from ruining the season. 

I think they need a vertical threat opposite AJ Green.  I really want Terrelle Pryor.  Cody Core may pan out to be a great back up to him, but I don't want to hold my breath and hope he develops overnight.   He can keep learning and get some snaps to challenge defenses behind Pryor, and then if AJ goes down again, you would still have burners in Pryor and Core outside.  

The defensive line gets no pass rush from the RDE position.  Some will quote an obscure ranking among DEs that are over 6'5" and get a couple stats from someone running right in to them, but a real speed rushing presence on the right side is necessary in this defense.  

They need a veteran OT that can spell the young guys and perhaps allow Fisher to kick inside.  I think Fisher could be solid.  I don't harbor a lot of hope for Ogbuehi.  I think he is mentally fragile and has a defeatist attitude.  Hangs his head too much.

They also need depth of quicker, quality LBs.  I would think they will draft at least two more LBs to replace Maualuga and Dansby.

Lastly, they need a RB that can move the chains.  He doesn't have to have breakaway speed, but he needs the defense to feel the effect of tackling him come the fourth quarter.

There are other holes, and places to develop future starters, but these are the most glaring weaknesses, IMHO.  

Oh, I almost forget.  Kicker.  'Nuff said.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those hoping for a HC change... - SHRacerX - 12-08-2016, 07:37 AM