Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merkel wants to ban the Burqa..
(12-07-2016, 10:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I never saw anyone dressed in a burqa so I never saw anyone freak out at the sight of one.

I have mixed opinions.  It seems to me the people in favor of burqa control are against gun control.  It seems Christians who rail against religious oppression are the ones most likely to be in favor of a burqa ban.  Where do we stop the ban on religious items displayed in public? What percentage of the population actually wears burqas?  0.1%? 0.01%? And it is receiving this much attention?  If the majority of assaults and rapes are due to Muslim men, I don't understand why people think banning burqas will make any impact at reducing the assaults and rapes.  This debate is nothing more than widow dressing.  Why are Americans concerned about what Germany does regarding burqas within their own borders?

I'm mostly amused because if a woman walked into Walmart wearing a burqa while open carrying an AR-15 it seems many people are more threatened by an article of clothing associated with religion than the rifle.

So in reality, you don't know any more than anyone else. There is a lot of reports from burqa wearing women about the treatment they are receiving from people. The video was just a quick example from the top of my head that I remembered.

People are going to stare (which is a form of being rude) because in the Western Culture Countries we do not see this everyday.

Ban on religious items displayed in public? Be more specific. Statues maybe offending, but not hurting anyone or are you referring to something else?

That woman walking into a Walmart would be a political nightmare. People would be panicking and she might just get shot by someone thinking he's preventing an attack, including an LEO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-07-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Mike M (the other one) - 12-08-2016, 02:00 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:13 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:24 AM