Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merkel wants to ban the Burqa..
(12-08-2016, 03:28 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Contrary to the beliefs of some, seeing women wearing burqas here (in the US) is not extremely rare or frightening. My guess is it depends on the part of the country in which one lives, or travels. I've seen them in grocery stores in NE Ohio as well as Atlanta and small towns in Florida. Remarkably, those sharing my experience managed to maintain a good sense of decorum at the time. 

The only real issue at play here for me is the wearing of masks in public by anyone. And even with this, I'm not convinced that a woman with a burqa presents such a worrisome danger to the public in general. Much larger battles exist, even for the hopelessly paranoid.

Yeah well, the US are really quite big. Everytime I check I'm shocked. Guess LA is quite different then Bismarck, and Burka density probably isn't a constant.

The masks in public thing... might be valid; then again, would anyone ban mascots. (And they are everywhere, not just in stadiums, but also in front of mattress shops and whatnot). 
Have to admit though. I always end up on the "no ban" side of the argument, but I still despise Burkas, and I'd rather not have those. Cultural pluralism only goes soo far for me. Don't know if that makes me a hypocrite or a bad person, my guess is yes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-07-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - hollodero - 12-08-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:13 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:24 AM