Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's Top 25 O-Linemen features 2 Bengals
(12-08-2016, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I've always been very outspoken on how I think Dre was a terrible draft pick (still is) BUT, he certainly has looked much better this year. Not great, but at the very least good. Still has a couple stupid plays that hurt the team here and there, but overall turned into a decent starting CB.

I'm hesitant because it took 5 years, and his contract year, for him to finally be a decent starter, and you always have to be cautious with guys who play better their contract year than they have ever played before... but that said, unless he wants stupid money, you probably need to look at re-signing him.

As for Zeitler, unless the rest of the league has had just a huge dropoff in guard play this year, I don't see how he's 8th. Bengals stopped contract conversation with him after DeCastro got that $10m/yr deal, so I think Zeitler is going to chase the money.

Whitworth is the priority over Zeitler. Don't know how Westerman will be, but there shouldn't be a huge dropoff from Zeitler, if any. Meanwhile, we KNOW how terrible Ogbuehi is, and that's who would be protecting Dalton's back if Whitworth leaves.

Whitworth + Westerman > Ogbuehi + Zeitler

And with how terrible Ogbuehi is, and how well Whit has continued playing, it's not even close.

I'm less worried about dre seeing Dennard WJIII sitting the bench as well (well Jackson hurt... dre lost his rookie season pretty much the same way)   took dre 5 years didn't really start till year 4 though minus 2 games in year 3.

but given our situation at CB I think dre has to be a high priority to return next season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF's Top 25 O-Linemen features 2 Bengals - XenoMorph - 12-09-2016, 04:45 PM