Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merkel wants to ban the Burqa..
(12-09-2016, 03:25 PM)Dill Wrote: As someone who has lived in the Gulf and Central Asia, I am very happy that I did not have to "do as the Afghans do" or some such.  I am not going to wear thobes and pajamas.  Just not.

Also, after years living among men and women who cover themselves--all apparently going about earning their daily bread and not hiding bombs--I can't get worked up when I see a thobe or an abbaya or a burka in the US. And I don't feel like making them wear jeans and tank tops because Romans do.  I have occasionally flown into Frankfurt as the only passenger on the jet not wearing a robe. I get on a plane to the US and people are nervous if there is one Sikh with a turban and beard.

There is a sector of the media fueling fear of others who dress funny, but it's not the mainstream media.

Last time I was in Dubai, it was ok to wear bikinis at the beach. You just can't have sex in public there.

I may have just had an impure thought or two ..... 

Meanwhile, back on topic.......if I were a German citizen, I doubt that I would be on the side of banning burkas. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-07-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:13 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - wildcats forever - 12-09-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:24 AM