Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United States Travel: Where have you been, and what is your favorite?
(07-20-2015, 10:40 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I've been to a whopping total of 12 states.  Guess I haven't traveled much.

I suppose my favorite region is the Smoky Mountain area (Tennessee/N. Carolina).  Also enjoyed Chicago when I was there.  And I desperately want to visit NYC.

.....or you could be like me, and have your favorite haunts and you just stick to that....

For me, I've been to:

Alabama, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee, West Virgina, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Washington, D.C.

My favorites out of those:

Bar scene is definitely the Nashville Honky Tonks on Broadway.....love it

Outdoors and nature (aside from the Red River Gorge in my own backyard) is probably the trip we take to the Monongahela National Forest in West Virginia.  Beautiful, no litter, and so dark at night, if it's cloudy, and you get a few feet away from the fire.....you can't see your hand in front of your face.

Favorite states are the Carolinas.  They have it all.....mountains, plains, and beaches all in one state.  Love Hilton Head, Cherokee National Forest, and Darlington Raceway.

For my appetite for history, the trip to the Smithsonian alone is worth the trip to D.C., let alone all of the other interesting sites.  Savannah, GA is a cool old town too.

Least favorite?

Northern Indiana I guess.....man, that drive to Ft. Wayne is SSSOOOOOO long and flat.....nothing to see past Indy.  Florida would be a close second.  It's too damn hot and touristy!  Although, I'd probably dig the keys......furthest south I've been is Miami.

Bucket list:  Montana, Alaska, Maine, and Pacific Northwest.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: United States Travel: Where have you been, and what is your favorite? - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-21-2015, 12:35 PM