Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Admits His Threat To Lock Up Clinton Was Just For Show
(12-12-2016, 08:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: yea I loved it when Obama said he was going to:

"Let Me Say It As Simply As I Can: Transparency And The Rule Of Law Will Be The Touchstones Of This Presidency."
We're Going To Lead By Shutting Down Guantanamo And Restoring Habeas Corpus In This Country So That We Offer Them An Example."
"We Will End This War In Iraq. We Will Bring Our Troops Home. We Will Finish The Job - We Will Finish The Job Against Al Qaida In Afghanistan."
"As President, I Will Pursue A Tough, Smart And Principled National Security Strategy."
"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."
His Economic Policies Would "Grow Our Middle-Class" And "Strengthen Our Economy."

The noteworthy thing is that Trump is letting people peek behind the proverbial curtain by admitting, even before he is sworn into office, that he was just making stuff up in order to get elected.  Hell, he even admitted that he was just saying things in order to get interest and attention months before the election and people didn't seem to mind.  I just couldn't imagine Obama saying "I really don't plan to end the war in Iraq, I'm just saying that because people want to hear it" and still winning in 2008. Actually, maybe I can since McCain/Palin was such a crap ticket. Ugh, I'm seeing a really not awesome trend here.

Ida know...this is just all so insane.  There was something to be said about Nixon pretending getting out of Vietnam was ONLY his idea, or the fact that Reagan raised taxes while blathering on about how lucky we all were to not have a tax-raising Democrat running things, and so on.  It's like Trump told the American populace he had AIDS and were were still like "Meh, whatever we're already naked, just do it bareback."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Admits His Threat To Lock Up Clinton Was Just For Show - Nately120 - 12-12-2016, 09:46 PM