Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United States Travel: Where have you been, and what is your favorite?
(07-21-2015, 02:03 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: My old lady's family are all originally from Cicero Illinois and most have relocated to Dubuque Iowa (sp).  So, I foresee a trip there in the future with a stopover in Chicago I hope.  Her aunt and cousin just left here.  The came up for a weekend visit.

I heard i can visit the "field of dreams" no?  anything else of interest around Dubuque?  Anything else sports related close by? Can I get to Chicago by train quickly?

Ya you aren't going to be too far from the "Field of Dreams".  Its in Dyersville, or close to it.   Dubuque is an "old" town in Iowa.  It actually has some nice architecture if you are into that sort of thing.  Chicago is only a couple of hours away from Dubuque too, so its not like you are that far away from some civilization. :)  Other sports related sites near by would be Iowa City and historic Kinnick Stadium where the Hawkeyes play.  Its prolly just over an hour away. Being a fan of Michigan as you are, you might be interested in that too? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: United States Travel: Where have you been, and what is your favorite? - BengalHawk62 - 07-21-2015, 03:16 PM