Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing on the wall for some of the vets?
(12-13-2016, 05:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In regards to Peko, the team will likely have some vet mentor Billings next year as he gets his feet wet. But could that vet be Pat Sims, who will only cost $1 million for next season? Or is Peko that much better that Sims could get cut and Peko re-signed? Peko will likely cost about $3 million to re-sign.

For Maualuga, it just makes too much sense to cut him. He will have no dead money and that $3.7 million can help toward extensions or bringing in a better stop-gap FA.
I do want to see a LB drafted early regardless if Maualuga is cut or not. I personally like Foster the best and then Cunningham. I could deal with McMillan in the second round, but would Kendell Beckwith be just as good or better and be had in the third round? I think Beckwith is also a good ILB that can come downhill and stuff the run but is better in coverage than McMillan.

Considering we'll make very little change this offseason, I think it's a guarantee that Peko will be back. The coaches will want him for his locker room presence alone along with mentoring Billings. Had Billings stayed healthy this year, I think this would've been Peko's last year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Writing on the wall for some of the vets? - Bengal Dude - 12-13-2016, 05:53 PM