Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Bengals win out?
(12-01-2016, 07:53 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: The Bengals are sitting at 3-7-1. 5 games left.

Eagles

at Browns

Steelers

at Texans

Colts

3/5 are home games. They should have the advantage in those. I want to be optimistic and say YES!

What do you think?

Even if the Bengals do win out, it won't be enough. The Ravens would have to lose 3 of the next 4 games.

The Ravens have to lose 3 of the last 4 games, which are against NE, Philly, Pittsburgh and the Bengals.

Then there's Pittsburgh who we also need to lose 3 of their last 5 games (counting today's game which isn't over). They'd have to lose 3 of these: Giants, Buffalo, Ravens, The Bengals and they end with the Browns.

The Ravens Pittsburgh game is problematic for the Bengals cause one of those teams will win that game, which means that team would have to lose its other games.

If the Ravens and Pittsburgh tie and have only two more losses, it would put us in a 3 tie with them. And with other tie breakers would likely leave us on the outside looking in. We have a worse division record (Ravens are 4-0).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We have the Browns next week, so there's a great chance we'll be 5-7-1 heading into home dates with Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I guess anything is possible, but highly unlikely. Plus we need help from everyone playing the Steelers and Ravens.

Not everyone.

Need either the Giants today or the Bills next week against Pittsburgh, and the Ravens to sweep their season series.

I expect the Pats to beat Baltimore, so we need that and the Eagles to upset them.

If we are at 8-7-1 with those things happening, we win it.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not everyone.

Need either the Giants today or the Bills next week against Pittsburgh, and the Ravens to sweep their season series.

I expect the Pats to beat Baltimore, so we need that and the Eagles to upset them.

If we are at 8-7-1 with those things happening, we win it.

We need the Ravens and the Steelers to end with 8 losses and for us to win out.

Reply/Quote
Can we? Yep. Will we? Doubtful. Will it matter? Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Once they've been mathematically eliminated, they will win out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm staying optimistic that we can still win-out. I hate the "let's plan for a better draft pick" mentality, and hope that we don't get there.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 11:49 PM)BoBengal Wrote: I'm staying optimistic that we can still win-out.  I hate the "let's plan for a better draft pick" mentality, and hope that we don't get there.

completely agree plus there are no elite players the money part of 1st round is the middle this year anyway 
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 09:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We play the Ravens again to end the season.  I suppose the nightmare scenario is that we win enough games to help the Steelers win the division AND muck up our draft pick for nothing.  Oof.

Then again, the winner of the AFC North will probably host the Dolphins and could easily notch a win.  Man, I'd have a larf if we won 9-12 games and got bounced in the opener 6 times in 7 years to go 8-7-1 and break our playoff streak because Tannyhillobeans throws 3 picks, or something.

And god help us if we win the division and have to host the Steelers.

I would give ANYTHING for this scenario to happen.  Right the wrong.  Make a run.  It will be highly unlikely to get to that point, but God, I would love that.  
Reply/Quote
It is funny how after the Eagles game, the focus shifted from the Bengals not winning out to the steelers and Rats not losing 3 of their next 4.

I know it is disgusting that it has gone on as long as it has (Ced, Nug) but they are playing some serious defense now, and the offense FINALLY benched Ced and moved Dalton in the pocket.

I think the Bengals CAN win out, and I think they WILL win out. Now, if we can just get Buffalo to take down pitt this weekend, things will get very interesting...
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 07:53 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Can the Bengals win out?

Ah, NO!

Team hasn't won 2 in a row all year long. They haven't beat a team with a winning record all year long, so I have to say that it will take an act of almighty intervention for this team to win out.

Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-EdCNjumvI
Reply/Quote
Of course the Bengals will win out but still not make the playoffs. They will accomplish ruining their chances at drafting an impact player.

Yes, I am for tanking a season in which you can't possibly make the playoffs. All I want is for them to beat the Steelers and then lose the rest of the games.
Reply/Quote