Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Admits His Threat To Lock Up Clinton Was Just For Show
(12-13-2016, 07:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump could at least make up some sort of lie about wanting to fulfill his campaign talking point/promise, but the corrupt career politicians are preventing him from doing so, or something to that extent.  Instead he's pretty much admitting that he just lied about his intentions in order to get votes and he's pointing this out BEFORE he's even sworn in.  As I pointed out, months before the election he went on national television and said that he wasn't going to do the things he claimed he was going to do and that he was only saying things to get attention and people still ate it up.

It is nothing short of amazing that we have a president elect who, before even being elected or assuming office, pointed out that he was intentionally making things up in order to get votes.  The guy has spent his entire life avoiding accountability for his actions and I'm downright interested to see what he is actually going to do for the next 4-8 years because at this point NOTHING would surprise me.

Intellectually, I realize Trump NOT doing all the insane and unconstitutional things he used to whip up a frenzy is a good thing, but I still feel like electing a guy who made a point to tell us he was lying to us WHILE he was lying to us may have set the stage for American politics to come

It's interesting as hell.

I don't even like Trump, but I was ready to accept whomever won because that's how it works. (Sure thought it was going to be Hillary, not that it would have made me happy either.) That said, aren't you being kind of ridiculous here?

You're upset about him admitting he lied, because you'd prefer for him to lie some more??? Lol

If you don't already think the stage of American politics is lying to get elected, then you've never paid attention to all the promises that are given. Or at least you don't recall them later. People have been lying to get elected for an eternity, because if you don't lie, you don't get elected because everyone else will lie about what they will do. How's it going with Guantanamo Bay closed and our soldiers out of Iraq and Afghanistan while being super transparent? Lolol

Not saying it's a good thing, but it's kind of goofy to pretend like this is a new thing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Admits His Threat To Lock Up Clinton Was Just For Show - TheLeonardLeap - 12-14-2016, 12:44 AM