Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleppo now freed from the rebels!
(12-14-2016, 03:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I showed this BBC documentary 3 years ago to my government class.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x123vmj_a-history-of-syria_shortfilms

It was great at the start of the Civil War but is completely outdated now that Obama and Hillary created ISIS. Syria is just one of those post WWI states created by Europe that lumped so many different groups together, so it's no wonder that there are so many sides and so many who are willing to give up trying to fix Syria and just want to live elsewhere. The French did a decent job running it as a mandate, allowing groups to exist in their own region, but after WWII, it was just one big state.

Then one of the smallest and more persecuted groups, the Alawites, rose to power after being influential in the French army and the Alawite Assad family took over. You have a minority once considered to be simple mountain people controlling this whole region.

I'm aware of the history of the region, but yea I wish a lot of people understood the information you've posted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aleppo now freed from the rebels! - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 12-14-2016, 03:47 PM