Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleppo now freed from the rebels!
(12-15-2016, 12:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Also, I don't believe it is a proxy war over ISIS, but rather over control of the region. ISIS has its own reasons, but is a tool used by Iran to increase their influence. Even Saudi Arabia has (not so) secretly supported ISIS (arms, funding) to destabilize Assad's government to counter Iran's influence. 

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2016-02-08/saudi-offer-to-send-troops-to-syria-comes-with-uncertainty

Arm ISIS. Destabilize Syria. Send ground troops into Syria to combat the problem they helped foment so they could send in ground troops which would allow them to further destabilize/overthrow Assad's government. 
Yes, I think that is correct.  ISIS allows Iran to deeply penetrate Iraqi politics and military. But of course it has to fight them too since they are killing Shia by the bushel.

I am thankful that now we have a president elect who knows more than the generals. He will sort this out for everyone, it just follow his lead.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aleppo now freed from the rebels! - Dill - 12-15-2016, 02:32 PM