Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed massive cuts to Social Security
(12-15-2016, 10:00 PM)xxlt Wrote: You said raising the wage cap would just mean people who earned more would get more out in benefits. This seems to assume Social Security is a dollar in dollar out piggy bank for each contributor. It isn't. I provided a link that showed the problem of Social Security becoming insolvent in X number of years would be solved by eliminating the wage cap. The article included numbers for two different times when the calculations were run, and in both calculations the solution worked, although the numbers were slightly different in the two runs. In short, the article stated my position that removing the wage cap solves the problem is correct. 

It doesn't say, "Dear michaelsean, This solution does not also or instead mean that those who paid more in would just get more out." It should not be expected to say this, and it didn't need too say this, and it really wouldn't matter if it did since you seem to fundamentally misunderstand the specific prolem and SS in general. So, you would still misunderstand it if it contained that extraneous verbiage. 

Truth is you likely didn't look at the link provided, because you think you are correct and wouldn't look at something that said otherwise. But, giving the benefit of  the doubt that you did read it you still misunderstood the expert opinion or ignored it. For the record, I am accustomed (particularly in your case) to such phenomena - talking (authoritatively) about something you don't understand promotes misinformation and misunderstanding, as does ignoring or failing to grasp the opinions of those with deeper knowledge of such things. Unsurprisingly, you seem to also not understand this. No surprise and no problem. Peace, Love, and Karma to you.  
Please include a glamour shot, in the conclusion of your next post.

I'm expecting you to look all Jessica Rabbit-like.
[Image: untooned_jessicarabbit.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposed massive cuts to Social Security - Rotobeast - 12-16-2016, 08:13 AM