Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential Conflicts of Interest
(12-18-2016, 06:34 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Maybe when you get an advanced degree worth a shit from a place worth a shit then we can dispatch with the faux intellectualism and engage in honest debate.  Unfortunately studying Japanese art and German literature isn't going to help you discuss finance, economics and fiscal policy. I happen to know the liberal arts part of my degree was a worthless waste.

I dunno, JWB. I got a degree in music from a liberal arts college and have worked in a field where finance and economics are key for 20+ years. I do market analyses, highest and best use analyses, discounted cash flow analyses, etc. on a daily basis. The liberal arts degree has helped me in a lot of ways: Mostly indirectly , but sometimes directly. A degree in accounting and/or economics definitely would have helped me as well, no doubt. But I can't say for sure that it would have been better (in college, I could not have even imagined I'd end up in this field or anything related to it). 

That said, I do wish that I had taken more courses on statistics in college.  ThumbsUp

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Presidential Conflicts of Interest - Bengalzona - 12-18-2016, 07:58 AM