Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Not Seeing Any Great Left Tackles
That doesn't mean there isn't one, but looking at the many draft prospect lists, Not one that really stands out. Some names that reports say the player will have to play right tackle in NFL. A real lack of top skilled All Pro type First Round Left Tackles. .....For Bengals this means they better resign Whitworth. Perhaps 2018 has more Left Tackle talent.

I see some possible top centers and guards and right tackles, but not much at left tackle. I'm sure these early lists are missing somebody.

For Bengals I still see Linebackers from Alabama as their best First Round option. Unless they have a chance at the top Running Back from LSU. I doubt that they will, but that is hard to pass on....Mostly I see Bengals taking one of the top Alabama Linebackers in Round One. It's a goods solid pick and Dansby was just another old pick up until we make this draft pick.

I think round two will offer more top linebackers, but I look at the talent at center or guard or even defensive tackle here. There looks to be good round two talent at these positions. If we lose Kirkpatrick and Zeitler we lose most of that draft. We have drafted CB, but will be in dire need of a guard if we lose Zeitler. Getting the top center in the draft is eye opening as is getting a top DT with Peko maybe done here. ....I'm not sold on the tackles we drafted as being a top left tackle. With a top pick, it is nice to fill a spot like left tackle, I just don't see a great talent out there high in the draft. Munoz was the best pick we ever made. This draft doesn't seem to have anybody that can pass block and run block at LT.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not Seeing Any Great Left Tackles - kevin - 12-20-2016, 06:59 AM