Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Hue Jackson............
(12-22-2016, 11:01 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Missed my point about RGIII, which I really didn't state at all. More or less thought it didn't need to be stated. RGIII is a head case who never fit in as a football player. And maybe he had straightened out, but that was highly unlikely. He's more like one of these youth you see on the news going to pieces cause they didn't get their way in November. No spine, no backbone, no morals, no team, only me.

There's no metric to measure team or me in a player, so the Browns can't see it.

My earlier point about change, change and more change was that the Browns are 100% committed to changing things until they get it right, but they are never able see what is right with any of the pieces they have and they never stick with anything or anyone long enough to really find out. This is why we see them go through wholesale changes every two years, coach, GM , QB and most players are dumped. It's more like a "they're all bums" mentality.

RGIII was a bargain bin warm body to play QB during a super hopeless season.  I'm not sure where you get the narrative that he's some big ol hopeless headcase...I just think the fact that he isn't good at football and can't stay healthy are reason enough to sneeze at him.  Anyways, if you really think he was expected to be the franchise QB there you're just eating up Hue's bs soundbytes.  RGIII was a cheap vet, like McCown, and if he managed to be decent, swell.

SO, there is no sense in going into RGIII's attitude, because the guy is injury prone and stinks at playing QB.

As for the notion that the Browns are all about "change" well...sure, they are.  Which HC and/or QB that they've had in the past 20 years would you have kept around for 13 years?  Just because the Bengals gave Dave Shula 70+ games to prove he was beyond hope and better off managing a steakhouse than a football team doesn't mean another franchise would.

Back to the Dak Prescott thing, if the Browns want to imitate Dallas' plan to success they should build their o-line, get a great RB and some good receiving weapons; not draft 4th rounders who like to drive drunk and hope for the best.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Poor Hue Jackson............ - corpjet - 12-19-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Poor Hue Jackson............ - J24 - 12-19-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: Poor Hue Jackson............ - Benton - 12-21-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Poor Hue Jackson............ - Derrick - 12-20-2016, 02:07 AM
RE: Poor Hue Jackson............ - corpjet - 12-20-2016, 05:46 PM
Poor Hue Jackson............ - Clappington - 12-19-2016, 08:48 PM
RE: Poor Hue Jackson............ - Nately120 - 12-22-2016, 04:53 PM