Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zimmer might be coming back!
(12-26-2016, 01:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. The excuses are valid, but the Bengals have plenty of valid excuses as well. Maybe more. Loved Zimmer as a HC candidate before, but the collapse of the Vikings seems to be more than just injuries. Anytime you have respected coaches quitting and players revolting, it sends up major red flags. 

I want Marv replaced, but Zim's rep (as a HC) took a dent with me this year. Even after the injuries, that team was good enough to start 5-0. Bradford has played well for the most part and the defense looked great. Then suddenly Norv mysteriously quits and they're like 2-6 since. Not a good look.

They started 5-0. After their 5 straight wins, they lost their 2 OTs. Lost their 3rd one soon after. Along with injuries all the way around.

I don't see any more excuses that the Bengals have that the Vikings don't. In fact, the Bengals have far less outside of a new OC (who has been around since 2003), Eifert getting hurt, and Green getting hurt. But they still weren't that great even when Green played.

Norv said the offense wasn't able to masks it's weaknesses anymore and he saw it better for the team for him to step down.

(12-26-2016, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: LOL at the people giving Zimmer a pass because he lost his "young franchise QB".  Vikings actually upgraded at QB when Bridgewater went down.

I love everything Zimmer did for the Bengals.  I am glad he got a shot at being a HC.  But the "god-like" status that many here give him is a bit ridiculous.  And it is funny to see all of them listing all the injuries Zim has had to deal with while at the same time never giving Marvin a break because "every team has injuries".

Vikings did not upgrade when Bridgewater went down in any way. Is Sam Bradford a veteran? Yes. Does he add something they didn't have in Bradford? No.
Plus, Bridgewater is 24. He still has time to grow. You can't give up on young QBs.

Marvin has been given breaks for having injuries. 2008 was a big one, and 2014 it's very surprising how well we did with what the team went through. Injuries are always prevelant. But I can't recall a time where our team lost it's franchise QB, 3 OTs, OC, and All-Pro RB all within 9 weeks of the season.

Does Zimmer deserve criticism? Absolutely. No coach is without fault. But this team has gone through one of the toughest roads I've ever seen for an offense.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zimmer might be coming back! - bfine32 - 12-24-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: Zimmer might be coming back! - McC - 12-25-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: Zimmer might be coming back! - McC - 12-25-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Zimmer might be coming back! - Sled21 - 12-25-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Zimmer might be coming back! - Benton - 12-26-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: Zimmer might be coming back! - wolfkaosaun - 12-26-2016, 11:06 PM