Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Marvin will officially be back
Adding it in chat. He really doesn't give a solid yes or no answer, just dances around it. He seems so damn smug it's rather comical

Marvin speaks:
Less than 24 hours after turning down four different chances from local beat writers to put an end to the rumors about his future, Marvin Lewis has gone on the record with his status for 2017. This morning, he told Sirius XMNFL he would in fact be back.  Yesterday, Lewis was asked four consecutive questions about rumors during his Wednesday press conference. An irritated Lewis declared he wanted to discuss the Ravens.

Wednesday's weekly news conference with local media
From Bengals.com

Q: Yesterday, Chris Cooley said that somebody he knew inside this organization said that you would retire at the end of the year. Do you have any thoughts on that report?

Marvin: “You didn’t respond to it yesterday, so why would you today? It’s unfortunate that you can have somebody do something like that, I guess, and cause you guys work. So that’s unfortunate.”

Q: Somebody did respond yesterday and had a counter story, saying that that you were not going to retire...

Marvin:  “That’s good. Then you guys can talk about that. But if you want to talk about the Ravens, we can talk about that. If you want to talk about the other (story), maybe you should talk to Chris Cooley or somebody else.”

Q: So I would assume you’re not going to retire...

Marvin: “Again, if you want to talk about the Ravens, we’ll talk about them (laughs).”

Q: Is that type of stuff frustrating for you?

Marvin: It’s not what I have to deal with. You seem to have to deal with it more than I do.”

The Lewis File
Marvin Lewis is in his Bengals-record 14th season as head coach.
Lewis has led his teams to the postseason seven times, including the last five years. The total number of playoff appearances and the current streak of consecutive appearances are also Bengals records. The Bengals entered this season as one of only four NFL teams to reach the playoffs the last five years (2011-15), joining Denver, Green Bay and New England.

Lewis has 117 career victories, the most in Bengals history by a margin of 53 over Sam Wyche (64). Lewis’ record is 117-103-3 in the regular season and 117- 110-3 including postseason. The Bengals’ 57-36-2 record over the last six regular seasons (including 2016 games to date) gives the team a .611 winning percentage, ranked sixth in the NFL for the span.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Marvin will officially be back - Hoofhearted - 12-29-2016, 10:59 AM