Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Marvin will officially be back
(12-29-2016, 05:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We can't even discuss a playoff game where they looked competitive from start to finish, even in a loss. 

We had the Steelers beat.  We did not win, but no way you can say that we were "not competative" when it took a miracle for the Steelers to pull pout the victory.

I am as hungry as any other fan for a postseason victory, but In also canb see a little perspective.

Since Marvin started his 0-7 playoff streak there are 4 teams in the NFL that have never even made the playoffs.  There are 4 others who have never won a playoff game, and 5 more who have only won one. Less than half of the league (14 teams) have been to the playoffs more than the Bengals.  

And even thought the Jags have won a playoff game since '05 they also only have two winning seasons and have not won more than 5 games in the last 7 years.  So would you really trade just one playoff win since '05 for 10 non-winning seasons?

It is possible for me to not be satisfied with no playoff wins, but also see that we are not an embarrassment or a joke.  And I certainly do not think the bengals have achieved all of this without even wanting to win.  That is just ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Marvin will officially be back - fredtoast - 12-29-2016, 05:21 PM