Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Marvin will officially be back
While, it's not "official" that he'll be back next season. It's basically 99.999999% likely he'll be back next season. It's not really a shock.

If this team really wants to show people that they mean business, then they better make some changes during the offseason. They can't trot out this "trust the process" BS and expect people to rally into next season with Super Bowl aspirations. This fan base is pretty much numb and just shoulder shrugging the majority of the time. Remember entering the 2015 season when Marvin said (lied) that were going to see a different offseason than what was normal? People were fired up and things looked great. Obviously none of those changes happened, but it still felt great when we thought those things were going to happen.

Now, if they come out and say that this is going to be a different offseason than normal, there will be no cheers and people saying that it's our year. It'll be fans saying, "Prove it."

Frankly, I don't see much coming in terms of change. This season will be just be blamed on injuries and personnel changes. I don't expect anything in free agency for two reasons:

1. We're the Bengals

2. Have you looked at the potential market? Not a lot of help out there. The cap is going up another $10 million, so teams will pretty much be able to hang onto their stars. I'm fully expecting Menalik Watson to be the "big" signing this offseason and Hobson's article about us almost taking him in the 2nd round in 2013 will come out 1 day later.

Oh well.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Marvin will officially be back - Bengal Dude - 12-29-2016, 05:41 PM