Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chinedum Ndukwe, Bernard Scott, Vinny Rey, and now...
(01-01-2017, 10:20 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It already is out of control

It's not about Rex, it's about how much Hill sucks! I'm not trying to be condescending here, do you watch the same games must of us do? It seems like you're listening in on the radio or just looking at the final score.

And really, Fred's post is not more about skill it's about drive. If your workplace paid you 10 million a year and didn't ask you to note any improving in your skillset, and also allowed you to degrade your skillset as your pay increases (typically backloaded contracts), how would you react?

Personally I don't let my salary dictate how I perform at work, high or low. But some of these guys, once they get their contract, because it's not fully performance driven or they're happy with their base, they're not going to care. Every player on that team knows how much every other player makes, it's public information. Maybe it's a crime, but perhaps then much of it should be performance driven. The problem with that is since it's a team game, you rely on your team (e.g. J. Hill can't make his 2 million bonus because the offensive line "sucks"). Many people are motivated by money.

Also's Fred's post is a little careless, it's not an apples to apples comparison. These are totally different people, they are not "resources" or "players". We can't judge Rex's performance because of B. Scott's performance. What we can do is see that Jeremy HIll is no good under the same offensive line that Rex is.

It's not about Rex, it's about Jeremy Hill. He improved his fumble performance this year, good. Now, he needs to improve his YPC performance. How many more tries you wanna give him? He lost us a playoff game by doing the #1 thing RBs are not supposed to do. Just like M. Nugent is gone for losing us several regular season games. 

The key phrase for the Bengals is they are too slow to react to situations, be it on the field or off.

Let's put all the blame on the O-line. Here are Jeremy's games this year where he didn't have a 20+ yard run to blow up his average:
9 rushes, 31 yards, 3.4 YPC
11 rushes, 22 yards, 2 YPC
21 rushes, 71 yards, 3.4 YPC
4 rushes, 12 yards, 3 YPC
13 rushes, 38 yards, 2.9 YPC
20 rushes, 76 yards, 3.8 YPC
15 rushes, 46 yards, 3.1 YPC
16 rushes, 62 yards, 3.9 YPC
12 rushes, 21 yards, 1.8 YPC
23 rushes, 33 yards, 1.4 YPC
25 rushes, 111 yards, 4.4 YPC
20 rushes, 43 yards, 2.2 YPC
7 rushes, 8 yards, 1.1 YPC

He is 32nd in the league in YPC. 

Yes our offensive line was pretty bad with Ced in there so we can definitely put some blame there.

Regardless of the situation, there are 27 RBs in the league that have a 4 YPC or higher (minimum 100 attempts). Given the situation, Hill is performing well below average and it has to be fixed from a team perspective. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chinedum Ndukwe, Bernard Scott, Vinny Rey, and now... - reuben.ahmed - 01-02-2017, 09:22 AM