Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall Street Journal Editor Says His Newspaper Won’t Call Donald Trump’s Lies ‘Lies’
(01-02-2017, 03:35 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Fortunately, this could be a positive to waking up ALL media

That was a lot of the discussion this weekend on Meet the Press. Essentially, what does the media need to do to regain that credibility and do their jobs effectively. I had never watched the show before, but it was very interesting and I got sucked in.

As to the OP, I am mixed. If a false statement is made, I think it should be labeled as false. I get the whole idea of calling it a lie being seen as a judgment rather than an objective statement. I said Sean Spicer lied this morning because he should have known better, and if he didn't then that us shameful, but not every false statement is necessarily done purposefully or with extreme negligence.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wall Street Journal Editor Says His Newspaper Won’t Call Donald Trump’s Lies ‘Lies’ - Belsnickel - 01-02-2017, 09:57 AM